Skip to main content
Menü

Old Administration Building

With its distinctive facade on the Lösorter Strasse, the building was the main entrance from 1907 and also housed the wages office and the ironworks’ boardroom. Up to the early 1950s the Old Administration Building was extended and remodelled several times.

After the closure of the ironworks, the Old Administration Building was first used as the base for the Visitors’ Centre. Since 2001 the German Youth Hostel Association has been using the attractive building to run a youth hostel with 140 beds and leisure and meeting rooms.

Facts worth knowing

Year of construction

1906

Height

17.8 m

Length

31 m

Width

13 m

Open since

2001

Use when operating

Wages office

Use today

Youth hostel

Architecture

Traditional brickwork walls, main building with tiled gable roof, bituminous sheeting on purlin construction to rear

Weiterleitung zur Website des Duisburg Kontor